We are excited to announce that UniqueHR will be offering a Health Savings Account (HSA) during our fall Open Enrollment!
Benefits of Health Savings Accounts (HSAs):
- By using the combination of a High-Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) with an HSA solution, you can often:
- Realize significant savings on health plan premiums
- Receive a deduction on your income taxes
- Opening an HSA gives you flexibility on how you pay for health care expenses now and in the future.
- Interest or dividends in your HSA account accumulate tax-free and payment of qualified medical expenses have no additional tax consequences.
- There may be some restrictions, but you generally decide how to invest and grow your HSA.
- You can decide whether to spend or save the funds accumulated in you HSA.
- To the extent that you don’t use the money in the HSA to pay for medical expenses while you’re working, you can save it for retirement.
More details on UniqueHR’s HSA plan will be released this fall.
In the meantime, check out this helpful resource from Humana that details what HSAs are, who they benefit, and how they work in unison with health plans.